Sessions for the Class of 2024 have now ended. Session dates for the Class of 2025 will be available in Spring 2024.
APPLY NOW! Essay Boot Camps are a great way for 12th graders to get a head start on college admissions essays. These fast-paced, small-group sessions (offered in person or live online) are typically held several times during the summer and early fall. During the boot camp (3 days, two hours per day) our college counseling team will guide students through the development of a college essay/personal statement, which can be used or adapted for college admissions.
APPLY NOW! Essay Boot Camp students will learn about the following:
- the importance of clear, concise, and engaging writing
- common writing mistakes and how to avoid them
- writing an effective and engaging personal statement that can be submitted to colleges.
- brainstorming essay topics, including how to think about what makes them unique
- choosing a topic that they are passionate about
- researching to gather specific examples to support their claims
- how supplemental essays differ from the personal statement and how to approach writing them
- brainstorming ideas for supplemental essays
- specific prompts, including creating a list of the prompts students will encounter based on their current college list
Please note: Your non-refundable payment is required to reserve your spot. Students must attend all three sessions. No makeup dates are available. A laptop computer is required for participation.
Live-Online Sessions: These sessions will be hosted in a secure Zoom meeting room. Students will have individual conferences with college counseling team members to discuss their work using virtual breakout rooms.
Let’s take a look at the sessions that are currently available. Space is limited, so reserve your spot today!
SESSION 1: TBD
Dates will be announced early 2024.
What payment options are available?
Pay in full: $799
Please note: Your non-refundable payment is required to reserve your spot. A laptop computer (with charger) and flash drive are required for participation.
We accept cash, check or credit card (Mastercard, Visa, American Express, and Discover).
STUDENT AND PARENT EXPECTATIONS
- Sessions are student-only events.
- Sessions are limited to 15 students.
- Payment is required to reserve your seat.
- Payments are non-refundable.
- Students must attend each day of their session.
- No makeup dates are available.
- Students must provide their own laptop and USB flash drive.
- Students must have good writing skills.
- Students must work well with strict time constraints.
- Students may need to further develop their essays to achieve a final draft.
LET’S TALK COLLEGE COUNSELING
Reach out to schedule your free consultation today.