Do I pay a fee each year for the Complete Program?
No. A one-time fee includes all of the activities in our Complete Program until reach your test score goals or until you graduate from high school. That means you have access to each year of lessons, workshops, practice tests and reviews… all for one price. The fee is slightly discounted if paid in full, but an installment plan is also available.
We are here for our students until they reach their goals, plain and simple.
When is the “right” time for me to start?
In general, it’s never too early to start thinking about the future. Our test prep programs begin as early as 7th or 8th grade. However, every student has a different goal in mind, so it’s a great idea to contact us to discuss your individual needs. We’d be happy to schedule a free consultation to determine the best path for you.
How do I get started?
If you have all the information you need, here’s your next steps:
Decide which test prep program you want to join: the Complete Program, the Advanced Start Program, the On-Demand Core Program, or One-on-One Tutoring.
- For the Complete or Advanced Start Program, begin registration here. (During the registration process, you’ll be asked to select a class code, student/parent orientation time, and your preference for diagnostic testing. Not sure? Simply choose “undecided” or call us for assistance).
- For the On-Demand Core Program, you can register here. (Remember, there is no live instruction with this program).
- For One-on-One Tutoring, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sign up for a free consultation. A member of our 1-on-1 team will contact you with more details.
Once you’ve signed up for the appropriate program, our team will be in touch with the next steps!
Questions? We have the answers! Call or set up a free consultation to talk to an advisor.
How do you compare to your competitors?
Here’s how KD College Prep is different. We:
- Have been helping students with prep for the PSAT, SAT®, and ACT® tests since 1992
- Make a commitment to our students for the duration of their high school career for one price
- Provide ongoing instructor-led practice activities
- Offer direction and counseling to help you maximize your potential
- Have constantly changing practice materials so students will never see the same material twice
- Hire degreed, experienced teachers
- Track student progress using our one-of-a-kind system
- Send activity reports home to students and parents on a regular basis
- Offer families the flexibility to choose in-person, live online, or recorded instruction
- Have campuses that are open six days per week allowing even the busiest of students test prep opportunities
- Offer free make-up lessons
How much improvement can I expect to see?
A student’s success is directly related to the effort he or she makes. Every student has different starting points in knowledge, learning styles, commitment levels, and extracurricular distractions. Students who commit to our Complete Program and follow our recommendations typically see a score increase of between 100 and 400 points.
Do you have a guarantee?
Yes, and our guarantee is the best in the industry. Students participating in our Complete Program stay with us until score goals are achieved or until high school graduation—for a one-time fee. It’s not a guarantee based on our standards—it’s all about a student’s goals.
Do you offer one-on-one tutoring?
We offer one-on-one tutoring services for test prep only—not for high school coursework. During these virtual or in-person sessions, students will work individually with a tutor to help strengthen their skills and work toward their testing goals. To create your test prep tutoring plan or for more information, please contact our team at email@example.com.
When should I take the national tests?
When families sign up for our Complete Program, students and parents will attend a grade-level-specific orientation session. During orientation, our team goes over best practices to help develop your testing timeline. Your timeline will be affected by many factors, such as your high school courses, exam schedule, college choices, and more, so it’s always a good idea to speak with an advisor for more detailed information.
Do you help students with college admission counseling?
Yes. As a part of our Complete Program for test prep, we offer direction and recommendations about the basics of the college admissions process in annual grade-level specific Guidance and Planning Seminars for no additional cost.
Additionally, we have a completely separate college counseling division which offers several different solutions for families:
- Pinnacle Program: A full-service, “concierge-style” college counseling program leading families through the entire college admissions process
- Select Sessions: Pay by-the-hour for specific areas of the college admissions process such as building a balanced college list, essay assistance, interview practice, and more
- Apply Now! Boot Camps: Small group sessions for 12th graders to get a head start on college applications and essay
Do you help students with college financial planning?
No. We cover only some very basic information in our 12th grade planning and guidance seminar, but we can recommend ethical, seasoned professionals to help you in more detail.
How long have you been in business?
KD College Prep was founded in 1992 by Karen Dillard. Since then, we have helped more than 72,000 students improve their test scores and navigate the college admissions process. Read more about our story.